Sunday 24 January 2016

The Penned Monologue

Many who know me say I do not need any body to entertain me.I am my own entertainer.I don't need music playing on my iPhone. I have my own playlist in my mind while I am walking or working or cooking or bathing. Sometimes,though, the music slips out from my mind through my vocal chords and that's when I am banned ;p. One of my closest friends named me "Cartoon Network" for all the jokes, stupidity and mischief that I do! To justify myself, I can only say that I am as needy and clingy as every other girl and love being loved and wanted. However,I love my own space and individuality, as well. I guess, that is like a true blue Libran answer:balanced and confounding! :D.


The truth is that I love watching people around me. I love watching the episodes of a megaserial playing while travelling in trains, loitering in malls, catching up with friends in coffee shops. I am not good at expressing all that I see and feel, but if I could show all the movies that are running in my mind, I bet you will declare at least 50% of them as blockbusters! ;).Sometimes I feel so overwhelmingly inspired that I cannot rest till I write and take it out of my system.However, more often than not, penning down the story does not happen, as the time required to concentrate and form the clouds eludes me leaving my "digital papyrus" parched.Recently, I came across an interview of Imtiaz Ali,director of the recent movie- "Tamasha". He mentioned that he does not feel the need to record ideas that flashes across his mind immediately.According to him, if an idea is of any worth then it will remain etched in your mind forever.I was amazed at the truth of that statement. Indeed,"Scarface" was an idea which is almost 2 yrs old. I wanted to express it beautifully in the form of lyrics but felt that I was handicapped by my limited literary prowess and therefore stalled it. The expression of the thought got delayed but never forgotten and finally delivered(though not with the profundity with which I experienced it).


Last year, after reading one of my blogs, a friend asked me whether what I write are based on true incidents or not. To answer the question, yes they are based on true incidents. However, the proportion in which the real and fantasy are mixed is the secret which is only mine.I may take my personal experiences, my own perceptions,add to it dollops of inspiration from movies playing in the theatre called Life and then "Dum" it with my imagination. In my blogs, I mention some real people including myself in the guise of other names or personalities. However, my intention is not to hurt anyone. I share my blog with my characters(if they exist) so that they do not come to know what I have written from others. I write for selfish reasons. I write to get rid of a nagging tale in my head. I write to express feelings that I cannot share verbally. I write to spread the message that I strongly feel about. I do not try to be good or preachy or bad for that matter. I write from my heart and I write for myself.

I am thankful to all who read my posts.I am overwhelmed and continue to be so when I see so many people actually sharing their feedback personally.To be honest, I do not find my writing up to the mark.I also know that if I wait for the perfect piece, not even a single post will ever get published. Perfection is a mirage. Therefore,I just strive to do my best. I do not know what and how you perceive them, but if it gives you comfort, solace, inspiration or a thought to ponder and act upon, I would be happy. I write to experience that release of dopamine :D

Finally, I would like to end my monologue by urging others to start writing,to share their thoughts. I know people who are more talented than me and have lives which are more eventful and exciting but do not follow their passion citing various reasons. Drown the reasons and jump in. Once you do so, let me assure you, you will love the swim!

No comments:

Post a Comment