Wednesday 2 August 2017

Strings

Standing on my weary legs,
Reaching out to the sky,
I thought,
"When will my time come, Ye Almighty.
When will I rest on the ground?"

Just then a pair of soft hands touched me.
Heard a whisper in my ears,
"Make my papa come back to me,
I will not cry for Barbie."
Gingerly she tied a moist string
On my hand, matured with age.

"Ye Almighty,
Give me strength to stand for another day.
Let this prayer reach you
And then I will say 'Nay.'!"

Almighty laughed and said,
"Look at yourself,
Adorned with strings of hope and prayers!
To fall you need to stop blooming.
But you breathe and you thrive.
You keep their hopes alive,
Wishing that one day they will come
And kiss you with fulfilled tears,
Making you smile with yet another flower.
I am there to take care of your smile.
You be and stand strong."

As I watched this dialogue
Between the Maker and His creation,
I prayed silently,
With the clouds covering,
And the waves soothing me,
" Hey Allah, make me someone's string of prayer,
Make me someone's smile."


No comments:

Post a Comment