Wednesday 2 August 2017

The Jingle

Mother whispered,
"She is our daughter.
How can you be so hard?"
The owner shouted,
"My daughter is my seed,
Sown to take care of our feed.
Son will learn and grow
He will take care and show.
Let her do her job,
Let her go."

I heard the jingle.

City lights welcomed me.
Crushed my innocence with a sadistic glee.
I hear the jingle every night,
It is the music which dims the light.

One such night, I met love.
Promised to be my Prince Charming.
Escaped the curtains of darkness,
Hand in hand,
Only to be cheated at the station grand,
By talks of a louder jingle.

Disillusioned, I escaped life.
Jumped on the tracks to end the strife.
Opened my eyes in heaven,
On a soft bed,
And a caring hand on my head.
Shocked at the strangeness of God's abode,
Sat straight and looked around.
An old lady sat at my bedside,
"Daughter, take rest. All will be ok."
She said.
The love in her voice made me shiver,
With doubts raising their fangs.
"What is this place with the strange jingle ? I asked.
Money doesn't sound thus."
"This is the sound of music,
Which soothes our pain,
It is the rhythm of dance
Through which healing we gain.
Join us in our journey.
You will find yourself again."

As the curtains were drawn,
Lights filled the darkness.
Claps drowned the jingle,
Smiles greeted me as I mingled.
I started afresh to be only mine.




No comments:

Post a Comment