Sunday 8 April 2018

A Flash Across My Mind

Year is coming to an end,
At an interesting bend.
"Will you be on the other side?",
Wonders me with eyes open wide.

You run too fast you claim.
But running after you is not my aim.
If you value, then slow down;
Else, pester to lose you,I won't be that clown.

When your footprints are all that would remain,
Will remember how you drove me insane.
How you made me look within me with love.
To praise myself,whom, I always used to shove.

Will remember the colours of your life,
Laugh at how You choose to be Your wife.
But, what I will miss the most,
Is how you understood the thoughts I post.
It had been like having a dear friend,
Who heaven delayed to send.

Life wouldn't have been more rosy with you as confidante,
But it would have given me someone to rant,
To laugh, to cry ,to pray, to rise up again.
To face life with a smile in eyes amidst all the pain.
"And what would you have in this game?".
"Nothing but my undying friendship",says this dame.

No comments:

Post a Comment