Sunday 8 April 2018

A New Age Fair

The turns- some new some strange
The roads-some known some old
The buildings-shining with history
The place- bubbling with story
What is different today in this known city?
What is the tug which makes me feel silly?
New fragrances which linger,
Surreptitious smiles-for reasons I can't finger!

Every corner I go,
The memories have a story to tell
Every round I take,
They remind me of your smell.
It's a sweet torture,
You don't want me to take.
You are free, I am not.
You have decided for yourself,
Now let me be,till I take a break.

Easy it is for you to touch and go,
Easy it is for you to say yes and no,
I am sorry I am too slow,
With your whims I don't flow.
I have a heart which knows to love
I have a mind which knows to care
I am not apologetic being thus
Only problem is keeping it hush.
Your name on my screen brings a smile asunder,
Your voice makes my heart beat like thunder.

You are pro at this new age fair,
Where love seems to be a non existent affair.
My beatings will take time to adjust.
After all, maybe it's not love but lust.
Whatever it is, it needs to have no base.
Feelings for you have to be made less.
That will also happen my love.
Only fear is that I will by the end
Be a part of this new age fair,
Where love is a non existent affair.

No comments:

Post a Comment