Sunday 8 April 2018

Strangers

We are two strangers,
Met at life's one of many junctures.
We shall kiss and move apart soon,
Like the specks in time's sand dune.
The heart becomes heavy at the thought
That you and me are meant to be naught.

The reality reels me towards others.
True, hundreds are there in the yonders. They vouch to kiss the body to shivers,
But none touch the soul with arrow from their quivers.

You are a free bird I know,
But will u let me kiss u slow?
Will you let me look into your eyes,
To see them turn into smiles?
Will you let me take your hand for awhile,
To feel warmth before cold covers the miles?

In between your "baby" and silences
You touched me.
In between your incessant chatter and missing conversations,
You caught me.
You made my heart skip beats,
And I am not lying.
You made me love the sun kissed mornings more,
When I am at the Almighty's door.
I love the dreams which make me drive,
And know they'll make me thrive.
Without you I will survive,
But when with you, I dream to jive!!

No comments:

Post a Comment