Sunday 8 April 2018

Birthday Blues

As I blow out the candles on my cake
A lump in my throat is in the make.
It's that day again,
Where my being fades ,
And I slowly seem to lose the rein.

The awards of the school days,
Emancipation of mind as in college it frayed,
Appreciation and respect in workplace,
Dreams and hopes built without any cess,
All crumpled today into nothingness.
Disappointed with my life,
They have taken the strife
Of finding a suitable boy,
Who will take care of me, as I act coy.

Ma, do you not know me ?
Am I the person you want me to be?
You know I argue for the right,
And sulk if I don't win the fight.
Ma, I need a boy not to make my life better ,
I need someone who will welcome my presence in all weather.
Ma, I am soft you know,
The tears, at the slightest hurt, they flow.
Don't force me into a fire slow,
I will harden into a stone and won't show.

Dad, I made u proud and happy once,
It hurts me to see the flounce.
Dad, please love me and have faith,
Plead you to not let society end the wait.
I have learnt to be happy and able,
The wings you made strong keeps me stable.
Be the wind as you have always been
The Almighty will one day surely bless my deen.





No comments:

Post a Comment